Our Vision - Pointing Us Forward
To heighten Icelandic cultural awareness and unity by building a vibrant community throughout the United States.
Our Mission - Defining Who We Are
Building a vibrant community of individuals, families, Icelandic clubs, organizations and businesses to bring Icelandic culture and heritage alive throughout the United States.
We believe that:
- Our members, including individuals, families, Icelandic clubs, organizations and businesses, deserve meaningful programming and initiatives;
- Diverse interests, including art, music, language, crafts, history, food, literature, all belong in our work;
- Strong interpersonal connections occur when experiences and knowledge are shared with one another;
- Resources and funding for local level programs and initiatives are critical.
Our Values - Guiding Our Path
These compass points guide us toward achieving our mission:
- Integrity – maintaining the highest ethical standards, fiscal responsibility, measurable results, and collegiality.
- Participation – encouraging volunteerism and philanthropy by welcoming everyone to achieve our mission and vision.
- Collaboration – recognizing we are stronger when we work together, share knowledge, and celebrate our diverse talents in coordinated projects and events.
- Continuous Learning – encouraging growth in knowledge and understanding across a wide variety of interests and topics