Basic Icelandic Language Class
Early 2021 Basic Icelandic Language Class
-Limited to 10 INLUS members. Participants must preregister. Registration fee is $60 for all 6 sessions.
Sessions will be on Thursday evenings for 6 consecutive weeks starting Mar 4th, 2021.
To sign up, contact David Johnson via email: David@INLUS.org
Class is Full
Basic and Introductory Icelandic Class
- Icelandic alphabet and sounds, including diphthongs (special letter/sound combinations)
- Review of parts of speech review
- Building noun vocabulary with correct sounds
- Word pronunciation and syllable accents
- Review of nouns and introduction of noun gender
- Introduction of articles -or- infinitive (general) vs. particular (specific) nouns
- Introduction of pronouns in 1st, 2nd and 3rd person
- Building simple sentences with pronouns
- Numbers, plural nouns and describing time
- Vocabulary building with numbers and time.
- Introduction of verbs and building some verb vocabulary
- Introduction to noun declension
- Building sentences and reading
- Simple conversations and speaking