INLUS Language Courses - 2021
March 4 - April 8, 2021 (Thursdays - 7pm Central)
Basic Icelandic Language Class
Class is Full
Thursdays at 5pm Pacific/6pm Mountain/7pm Central/8pm Eastern.
Cost of course is $60. Limit 10 students.
Basic and Introductory Icelandic Class
- Icelandic alphabet and sounds, including diphthongs (special letter/sound combinations)
- Review of parts of speech review
- Building noun vocabulary with correct sounds
- Word pronunciation and syllable accents
- Review of nouns and introduction of noun gender
- Introduction of articles -or- infinitive (general) vs. particular (specific) nouns
- Introduction of pronouns in 1st, 2nd and 3rd person
- Building simple sentences with pronouns
- Numbers, plural nouns and describing time
- Vocabulary building with numbers and time.
- Introduction of verbs and building some verb vocabulary
- Introduction to noun declension
- Building sentences and reading
- Simple conversations and speaking
Feb 23 - March 30, 2021 (Tuesdays - 7pm Central)
Intermediate Icelandic Language Class
Register HERE (link)
Tuesdays at 5pm Pacific/6pm Mountain/7pm Central/8pm Eastern.
Cost of course is $60. Limit 20 students.
Intermediate Icelandic Class
- Review what we learned in the first class
- Conversations around food and the home
- Continue working on noun declensions.
- Examine noun gender, strength, and plurals with a goal of identifying patterns to help us make inferences.
- Introduction to adjectives and how to apply them to nouns
- Expanding our use of verbs
- Continued work with past tense
- Introduction of adverbs
- Review and reinforcement of lessons learned